So, your skin feels like it hasn’t been really clear for like… ever? Or are you just interesting in trying something new, organic that actually works?
Introducing the Incredible by Nature African Black Soap, also known as the “Perfect Skin Secret”.
But is it really as incredible as everybody makes it out to be? That’s exactly why this review was written – to find out what the big deal is.
There are many acne cleansing products out there, and picking which one to review isn’t always so straightforward. However, people have been talking about this black soap for quite a while now. So choosing to review this product was actually a no-brainer for me.
What follows is my own personal review of the product. Feel free to chime in over in the comments section if you have any thoughts that you wanna share.
So…let’s take a look at the African black soap, then!
What is African Black Soap?
African Black Soap is manufactured by Incredible by Nature, a company established in 2015. It’s actually their flagship product, and their vision is to provide customers with products of the best quality for a fair price.
The soap contains shea butter, cocoa pod, palm oil, palm kernel oil and coconut oil. It’s handcrafted, completely organic and vegan-friendly.
Incredible by Nature have certified the soap with Fairtrade. By purchasing Fairtrade certified products, you contribute to local farmers and workers (in this case, in Ghana) and improve their chances of changing their work and living conditions for the better.
African black soap is claimed to be hypoallergenic and has not been tested on animals.
Incredible by Nature are actually so confident in their product, that they offer a 30-day money back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied. That’s pretty cool!
What is it about this soap, that urges people to give it so much praise? What is so darn special about it?
Well, for starters, its main active ingredient is unrefined shea butter. It’s loaded with huge benefits for your skin health, such as:
- Anti-inflammatory. This is perfect for acne-prone skin. A product that is anti-inflammatory tends to reduce redness and swelling.
- Healing. The fatty acid and vitamin K concentration found in shea butter helps repair a damaged skin barrier.
- Anti-aging. High levels of oleic, linolei and stearic acids found in shea butter helps prevent oxidative stress and improves regeneration of skin cells. They also tighten the skin and protects your skin’s overall structure.
- Emollient. In room temperature, the shea butter is absorbed a lot easier by your skin thanks to its consistency. This brings moisture to your skin more effectively, and keeps your skin hydrated for several hours.
But the shea butter is not the only ingredient in the African black soap. In fact, the entire soap is packed with healthy goodies. Other ingredients worth mentioning are:
- Cocoa pod. Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and softens your skin.
- Palm oil. Antioxidant, anti-acne, soothes burns, reduces eczema and skin damage.
- Palm kernel oil. Contains lauric acid, which is both antibacterial and antifungal.
- Coconut oil. Locks in moisture, repairs dry skin and reduces wrinkles.
As if shea butter wasn’t enough, right? Incredible by Nature has managed to pack all these huge benefits into a little bundle, which is quite… incredible.
How to Spot FAKE Black Soap
Incredible by Nature African Black Soap: Truly Magical?
The first thing that got my attention was what looked like a dried out brownie.
When the soap arrives at your doorstep, you’ll notice how it’s all just a big block. The idea is that you should cut it into your own bars, in sizes that suit you. This soap is extremely long-lasting, so as you cut up your soap, keep in mind that very little of it will take you very far.
The texture of the African Black Soap is actually quite lumpy. Since it’s all organic and handcrafted, you can sometimes find small pebbles in your soap (yes, really!). I find this quite charming and unique actually. Makes the product stand out.
However, this also means that you shouldn’t use the soap directly on your skin. Either lather in your hands or use a loofah, or something similar. You wouldn’t wanna scratch your skin and leave scars.
The smell isn’t too bad. I mean, you can definitely feel a smell that leans towards the worse, but it’s definitely not strong. And it doesn’t stink.
I’ve noticed that the soap tends to dissolve fairly quickly if you leave it someplace where it constantly gets wet, like in the shower. Keep it in a dry place when you’re not using it, and it will last much longer.
Testing The African Black Soap
So, I decided to test this on my face since that’s where most of my acne is. The worst, by far, is actually the acne around the mouth. However, I’ve got some on my neck and back too, but it seemed easier to treat the face and spot a difference there.
After washing my face I could definitely feel a difference, almost immediately. It can’t really explain it, but I felt cleaner… or fresher.
I followed up with my toner and as I looked at the cotton pad I had just dragged across my forehead there was nothing – I mean nothing – on it. No dirt, no oil. Black soap? More like black magic!
But it didn’t stop there, my skin felt smoother. It felt like the skin of a baby and I really couldn’t stop touching it. The sensation at my fingertips was amazing.
I’ve tested plenty of anti-acne products before. Neutrogena, Cetaphil and Proactiv to name a few. Never in my life have I had such clear skin as I do today. It’s quite amazing how that ugly lump of soap actually can be this good.
The acne started clearing after a few weeks, so you should be patient if you decide to try the black soap. As I’ve mentioned, you’ll immediately feel a difference, but the results will take a little longer.
I’ve heard that this product also could work well for skin with eczema. However, I cannot confirm since I don’t struggle with that condition myself. There are also reports that suggest that you should be careful with this product if you have sensitive skin. Patch test first!
Oh, I almost forgot to mention… my pores look a lot smaller now and the soap has actually helped me get rid of some hyperpigmentation (scars) in my face! My skin is truly happy right now.
- Immediate effect. After my first wash I could definitely feel a difference. I felt fresher and my skin was smooth as silk. The skin was really clean, which became apparent when there was no dirt on the cotton pad after using my toner.
- Clears acne. I’ve never had as clear skin as I have today. It’s a wonderful feeling, going outside and never feeling anxiety and embarrassment over a face full of pimples – ever again.
- Moisturizes your skin. African Black Soap keeps your skin hydrated and its sebum production at a healthy level.
- All natural. No additives. Just pure, organic products from the beautiful lands of Ghana.
- Vegan-friendly. There are no animal products in this soap. Simply ideal for vegans!
- Not tested on animals. Your conscience can be as clean as your skin.
- Fairtrade. By purchasing this soap, you contribute to the work and living conditions among local farmers in Ghana.
- May help other skin conditions. This has been reported to work on skin with eczema, burns, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Okay makeup remover. Effectively rids your skin of makeup and other cosmetics.
- Can irritate sensitive skin. African Black Soap can cause burning and redness. Always patch test before using a new product.
- Sharp edges. Soap can contain pebbles, so never use it directly on your skin. Lather in your hands or use a washcloth instead.
- The smell could be better. It’s not the most pleasant of smells, but it’s not terribly bad either. It doesn’t stink, but you can definitely feel an odd odor coming from the soap.
Nothing. As an overall anti-acne product, nothing currently beats the Incredible by Nature African Black Soap.
I noticed a difference immediately and my skin got smooth and “squeeky clean”, as they say.
And my skin hasn’t been this clear in like… forever. I used to feel so ashamed to go out and be among other people when my face was invaded by red bumps and whiteheads. Those days are gone now.
So, no, I don’t believe there’s any better soap out there right now. Like I mentioned earlier, my skin is happy.
It’s obvious that there’s a good reason to why this soap is called the “Perfect Skin Secret”. It’s simply just true. My skin has never felt or looked better in my life.
Incredible by Nature African Black Soap is made in Ghana and manufactured using local plants and other natural products. The soap is completely organic, vegan-friendly and cruelty-free.
The only thing I’m not very fond of is the smell, but it’s manageable. Especially when you consider what this soap can do for your skin.
It clears your acne and makes your skin look absolutely stunning. I can’t stop raving about this product, nor do I want to.
If you don’t pick up one of these African soaps, don’t bother with any other anti-acne product either. This is the product that, by far, has made the most difference for my skin.
It truly is the perfect skin secret.
Share This Post On: